Saturday, April 11, 2009

He Is Risen Indeed!!

Well, I am back home after our wonderful 10 day trip to Rota, Spain and surrounding areas, only to find myself going through my 68 emails, some of which I read while there, but others had to wait until now.

On Thursday night in Rota, (the night before Good Friday) we tried to get some sleep before our 5:00 a.m. wake-up-time to begin what turned out to be a 24-hour awake time before getting in our own bed at home. It was sometime during one of the three plane rides that I thought about the Thursday night before Good Friday over 2,000 years ago that Jesus had to endure..........sleepless, beatings, scourging, mockery, being "on trial" illegally ..........before being nailed to the cross!!! And then during that 6 hours on the cross, He took the punishment of my sin and became sin for me that He would bear the separation from the Father so that I would not have to be eternally separated from Him. Praise be to Him for His indescribable gift of grace that was secured when He arose from the grave!! Hallelujah! What a Savior!! And it is in Him I believe and move and have my being!!

And if you want to read, see, hear what is going on around the world this Easter that is so exciting, this is a site you will want to visit, with a very interesting video. And here is an article about how more ex-Muslims will be celebrating Easter this year.

We are living in exciting days. And my prayer is that you aren't missing any of it by being ignorant of what God is doing!!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I have loved reading your writings from around the world! Glad you are safe at home and looks like you had a great trip!

soonercolby said...

Carolyn, it looks like you had a fabulous time. I'm glad that you're home safe and sound. Thank you for sharing!