Friday, May 29, 2009

One Liners

I recently read a book and these are one liners in there I loved..........................

"There's nothing worse than silence, strung like heavy beads on too delicate a conversation."

"When you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

"There is a Murphy's Law to oncology, one which is not written anywhere but held in widespread belief: if you don't get sick, you won't get well."

"He smiles at me, and I suddenly am seventeen again---the year I realized love doesn't follow the rules, the year I understood that nothing is worth having so much as something unattainable."

"............whom I have not seen in fifteen years. Her hair is longer now, and fine lines bracket her mouth, parentheses around a lifetime of words I was not around to hear."

"I nod. But it feels like we are sitting on the tight bench of a bus with a stranger between us, one that neither of us is willing to admit to or mention, and so we find ourselves talking around him and through him and sneaking glances when the other one isn't looking."

"Life sometimes gets so bogged down in the details, you forget you are living it."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great. Crazy to me that I read all of those because that just felt like the first time to read them. Hmmm..... good thing you put them on here!!!

Shelly said...

I love writing like that! Too bad no one talks like that in real life...or atleast in my world.