Thursday, November 22, 2007

New Beginnings

It never ceases to amaze me how many "New Beginnings" keep occurring in my life. If I sat here long enough, I could probably bore you (and myself) to tears remembering all of the "New Beginnings" I have had. But, this blog stuff is it for me now. Our youngest child, Rachel, has gotten me to try this out because she has had such a great blessing from doing her blog and meeting so many interesting people.

I must admit that I am quite hesitant about doing this, because Nick, Rachel's husband said that I should be prepared to stop my regular journaling .......that this will take its place. That is not an appealing thought to me at all. I love journaling my prayers and I really would not want anything to change that. So, I will have to just try this New Beginning on for size to see if it is a fit for me.

I believe that this is one of the beautiful aspects of walking with the LORD............change!! The Word assures us that He is in the process of changing us from glory to glory and conforming us (by "us" I mean those who are followers of Jesus as LORD) into His image, whatever that may look like. I am certain of that one thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ, that day of the final glorification. What a blessed hope that is. So, with that in mind, I may find that this whole new realm of blogging just might fit into that process.

Tonight, the end of a day of Giving Thanks for what He has done, finds me exhausted, but so humbled at how blessed I am. I am thankful for the ability He has given me to learn new things in these later years of my life. It was only a very few years ago that I made the transition to from handwriting my journal to putting everything on computer. Now I can't imagine my life without a computer (or two: desktop and laptop!!!) SO, I am thankful for the people God continually puts in my life to sharpen me (Pr 27:17) ........... like starting a blog!! We will see!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who knows if this is something for you or not. I can say that I sure am glad you are on here because I was blessed by your words in this post. I sure do love you!!!

The McKays said...

carolyn, welcome to the world of blogging! i'm thrilled to have you here, and learn from what you have to say. i sent my mother the link to your blog and who knows? maybe she too, will take up the hobby. your blog will be an online archive of your life and of how God is working in your life.