Monday, December 17, 2007

Communication

Can we realize how dependent we are on things before they are removed from us? Probably, to some extent...........some things. But what I have learned is that not having a home phone is really not that big of a deal for me these days. As I mentioned before, the telemarketers can't reach me (still) and maybe with the constant recording they get from my phone provider, they will even remove me now from their lists. I think we are going on our 6th day now without our home phone and I have no idea who has been trying to get a hold of us............outside our close family who have our cell phone numbers.

But, one thing I have thought about this week, is how bound to communication we really are. God is a communicating God and He has given us that same characteristic........one of the ways we are created in His image. Relationships are sustained by communication. And the more accessible one is to our communication, the easier it is to strengthen the relationship.

LONG PAUSE HERE>>>>>>>>>>>, like 30 hours or so!! Funny thing!! As I was trying to "communicate" my thoughts here, I lost my cable connection which took away my internet and television. ...still residual effects from the power outage. It was like God was trying to reinforce my point............one must have connectivity to communicate and thus properly relate to others. I just smiled and thought once again about Jer 33:3 - God's phone number.........."Call upon Me and I will show you great and mighty things." He is always available to us who are properly "connected" to Him through the perfect sacrifice of God the Son, Whose miraculous connection to humanity we celebrate in this glorious season.

I am now back online, with telephone service and I am sure the whole world at my fingertips on the television, which I have not yet checked. One thing, for certain, is that I will make every effort to "stay in touch" with those who are important to me!!! Especially Jesus!!!

2 comments:

shanna said...

I am so thankful for the internet. It is a tool for great evil and great good. I love that as a stay at home mom God still provides a way for me to stay "connected" with others thru the internet. It is a vehicle to pour encouragement into the lives of others and recieve encouragement into my own. I am equally thankful that we have all we need to be "connected" to Him thru His Spirit living within us...a source that can never be removed from us!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm grateful that I didn't lose my connection with you when you lost all that service....I'm a lucky (okay, okay, ....blessed) girl!!!