Monday, December 31, 2007

Spitirual Inventory for 2007

A few years ago, I came across a couple of spiritual inventories to take in the New Year regarding my spiritual growth in the past year. I have been trying to do that since then and, for some reason, I sat down to do that tonight rather than after the 1st. I just was struck by how hard I had to think to come up with some of the answers. This is such a good exercise for me and it made me realize that I must go through much of my life without really engaging myself enough in the activity of the moment to allow a lasting impression. How shallow is that???

I think when I encounter deeply moving experiences with my husband, children and their spouses, and my nineteen grandchildren, I need to allow myself the privilege of savoring!!! I have come to the conclusion that I am too much of a "taster" and not enough of a "savorer"! Life is meant to be enjoyed, says the Preacher in Eccleasiastes. And I am convinced that enjoyment takes time and thought and engagement!!!

So, with that thought, my goal for this new year is to engage myself more purposefully with each encounter with the people God puts in my path, especially those He uses to spiritually impact my life for His glory.

I pray that you have a spiritually prosperous New Year in 2008! If you are interested in these inventoreis, let me know and I can email them to you!! Or, maybe I can get my daughter to help me put them in a link on this post????!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice hint....I'll do my best to help and I just might be interested in them :) Missing you!

shanna said...

I am interested in the inventories. I too am convicted of being a taster instead of a savorer...I think I will ask God to change this in me this year!!!!!