Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Life

For the past several days, I have been in Louisville, KY with my "inherited" Groves family and their newest addition to my (now 19) precious grandchildren, Joshua Luke, who was born December 18th, making their quiver full with five. Is there anything more precious than a newborn baby? Not to me!!! He is such a beautiful baby and so sweet. I love to watch his reflexes, his facial expressions, his stretches while he grunts and gurgles. Newborns are so helpless and so utterly dependent upon their Mamas.

Of course, when I see Stacey feeding him every three hours around the clock, I am reminded of 1 Peter 2:2 "as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word so that by it you may grow..."!! And growing he is!! Just in the 7 days I have been here, he has already grown so much. I can't help but think how much we would grow if we were hungering and thirsting and taking in the Word every 3 hours 24/7!!! What would our "spiritual cheeks" look like if they were chubby with the sincere milk of the Word?

Would we not be filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control??? instead of being filled with the deeds of the flesh like immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts on anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these???

When Josh burps/spits up.........it is milk. It is what he has taken in!! What comes out of my mouth...........so to speak? Is it the Word that comes back up?? I hope so!!

O, for sure, there is much to be learned from newborn babies!! How thankful I am to have had this blessed time of reminders of the basics!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You make babies sound so good that I think I want another one. Okay, maybe not, but great analogy and it is so true. Sometimes I feel like I do need to drink the Word every 3 hours ;)

shanna said...

This is such a great analogy...How I long to sit at his feet and wait for me next spiritual feeding :) What a committed Mimi you are! I can't wait to have grand babies...I tell Jerome that all the time...I think it will be such a wonderful season of life! A time to love and serve my children by helping with their children!

Connie said...

So True....what a great analogy. I'm so glad that God is not human and does not tire as easliy as we "human" Moms.