Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Least of These


Matt 25:37-40
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 " The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'


Recently, God has led me into a totally new ministry which is very exciting to me.... ministering to the VERY LEAST OF THESE ~ the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked!! Is there anyone LESS than a newborn, an infant or a toddler with no home?

I am humbled to serve on the Board of Directors for The Anna's House Foundation.
If you will click on that title you can peruse the website for more information.

Several months ago, Greg and Beth Harkins, the founders, were sitting in front of me in church, holding precious, little Anna. Of course, being the Mimi that I am, I had to hold her!! THAT DID IT!!! It was a God moment (hour) for me! My heart was so drawn to her heart. I already had prayed for Anna for months......ever since she had come into the Harkins' home as a foster baby with severe health problems.

Since God usually gently leads us into His plans and purposes, I was not surprised when shortly after that time in church, at a women's conference with optional local ministry workshops, I was drawn to the one for newborns in crisis and then the one for foster parenting/mentoring. That was the second "God-tapping" on my heart. And then the very next day, Beth called to ask if I would pray about serving on the Board. Needless to say, God was speaking to me loudly and clearly by now!!

So, I wanted to share this with you, just to let you know that we would love to have you pray with us about this new venture/vision in caring for the "Least of These in OKC". If, in your praying, God should lead you in a desire to become involved in any capacity with us, there is contact information on the website.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

makes me want to live in OKC to take care of those babies! wow. what a ministry.
love your new look! fancy schmancy! :)

Elizabeth Harkins said...

Carolyn, God continues to confirm His presence to me through people like you. I am the one that is humbled to have Godly servants helping us. He continues to open doors (and shut them)!

Unknown said...

What an exciting thing to be a part of. It will be great to see where God takes this ministry!!!

shanna said...

I have had email correspondence with this couple. We just finished our DHS classes and are almost approved to adopth thru them. I am so excited! I pray more and more christian families would foster/sdopt these precious ones!!!

Stacey said...

What a beautiful opportunity!

jennyhope said...

Oh I am so sorry for all that you guys have been through. I had no idea that it was your husband I had been praying for. I am so glad you stopped by my blog and will continue to pray for you during this trial. Thank you so much for your sweet words!