Thursday, June 19, 2008

Above and Beyond

Thinking back over the past couple of weeks since my last post, so much has happened that I hardly know where to begin on this post. First I think I need to share how the week at Frontier Ranch ended.

On our last day there, after we drove some go carts around a track, Monty mentioned that he wanted to rappel down the mountain that Nick, Rachel and I had done the day before. The one hitch about that idea was the climb up he would have to do in order to rappel down the 125 foot cliff!!! The camp doctor, who was at the track, told me that if he had chest pains and needed nitro, to come back down and not finish the hike. He asked if he had a fear of heights, to which I responded with a grin that he used to be a super-sonic jet pilot!!! No problem with heights!

The short story...........he did it!!! That is how "above and beyond all that we could ask or imagine" God has answered our prayers for him only four months before. He was so thrilled as he, Rachel and I rappelled down together!

The next cool God-thing......at the ledge below was a young man from Central Denver for whom I had been praying all week. He had been in a near fatal accident only 11 months before which left him brain dead for 12 hours, in a coma for 16 days and having to learn to talk, eat, use the bathroom and everything else. And here he was at Frontier Ranch, hearing how God has been extravagantly pursuing him since the day he was born. He said he is not ready to trust the LORD because of what happened to him. And yet he trust a rope and a carabineer on the side of a cliff. I continue to pray for him and thank God that He allowed me the privilege of putting a face with a name. What a blessing that was for me.

That evening in the final club time, they had a "Say So" time where probably a third of those students stood to tell the rest that they had chosen to follow Jesus the rest of their lives. Only the LORD knows what He is going to do in those young people's lives. How blessed we were to be there to see Him at work, transferring students from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of His marvelous Light!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool!!!!

shanna said...

oh wow! It is so refresing to be back and reading your blogs again!!!