Monday, July 6, 2009

Sons and Daughters of the Pioneers


Living in Oklahoma brings the unique celebration of "89er's Day", which is a day commemorating the land run in 1889. It is at the end of April, and I found out a few days before that two of my grandchildren needed costumes for their school festivities. So, I whipped out a dress, bonnet and apron for the girl and some pants with fringe on the sides for the boy. Well, with 12 other grandchildren, it became "Well, I want one, too!!" So, here is the final result.....well, almost!! Now I have finished the Davy Crockett hats, but haven't had the boys here to photograph them. But this was a fun day for all 14 of them to be here together.
My prayer for each one of them is that they will be sons and daughters of King Jesus who are willing pioneers for His kingdom and territory here on earth, sharing His good news to their generation.

No comments: