Monday, September 14, 2009

Be Happy!

For the many years Monty and I spent training our four children to become respectable citizens of our home, the community, our country, the world...........I often wished that my words had more power than they actually did. Over and over I longed for the words "Be Happy!" to be magical in that they produced the product I desired...........happiness for my children.

Well, as you know so well, happiness is a choice and cannot be imposed upon another human being, but can only be brought about by the decision of each person. You probably have often heard, as have I, that happiness is happenstance, and depends upon the circumstance that is most agreeable to the individual. Unhappy circumstance, unhappy person!! Right??

Well, watch this for a little challenge to your thinking. I have seen this video several times and am always touched by his always-timely message.

No comments: