Saturday, June 5, 2010

Address

Location!!! Location!! Location!!

Being the daughter of a realtor since I was about 11 and then the wife of one since I was.........oh, considerably older than 11..........it has been drilled into my head this little saying!! Well, it applies not only to the purchasing of a home for our families, wanting to makes sure they are in a safe place, with the "right" school, stores, neighbors, etc..
We want it to be a good investment for the future, should we need to relocate for various reasons! But, it also applies to our ultimate location.........for eternity!!

Now, that is of far greater consequence if the decision is not carefully made. Do you remember the time you first were asked if you wanted to go to heaven?? I remember it so well? I was FIVE!!!!

It wasn't like my parents asking me if I wanted to go to the park...........or if I wanted to go and get some ice cream........or even if I wanted to go swimming at the neighborhood park!!??? That was a really big question!! It was a question about LOCATION! Location!! LOCATION!! And at the age of five, it seemed to me that it was my decision to make!!

Now, without wanting to get into a deep theological discussion about Who was really asking me that question and Who was really going to determine my destination, as a five year old child, the answer was a no-brainer. I wanted to go to heaven. And I even thought it was okay if I went there right then.

Well, here I am, not quite six decades later, and my answer is still the same that it was that day!! I want to go to heaven and today would be fine!! Didn't Jesus say that unless we have the faith of a little child, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven??
How I praise Him for giving to me by His grace that kind of faith! How thankful I am that for all of these years, He.....the One Who is able to keep me and present me faultless before Him........has been faithful to me.

Oh, the joy of KNOWING that if I died today, I know for certain that because of Jesus Christ and His death in my place, I am going to relocate in heaven!!

Location!! Location!! Location!! DO you know where your final move will be??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ABSO-stinkin'-Lutely!!!
(and did you see that your post did a weird multiple post?)
LOVE you :)