Monday, February 16, 2009

Kingdom Living

Recently I have been thinking a lot about kingdom living. It could be the fact that everywhere I turn, people are talking about something that has to do with it. My pastor has been teaching a series on the parables in Matthew 13, which talks about kingdom living in various ways...........a wonderful series.

Then I happened to hear Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah about a week ago on the end of the world and the coming kingdom of Christ Jesus, which was on Feb 9&10. It seems like every time I open my email someone is sending me some link to something about the many crises going on around the world today that illustrate the facts that Scripture reveals will take place before He comes to set up His earthly kingdom.

I do wonder how so many Bible teachers say that God is through with Israel and that the Church has replaced Israel................when the whole world is focused on that tiny piece of real estate, about the size of New Jersey!!!! And why is it that Jewish people from all over the world are eager to go back to the land that was given to Abraham as an eternal covenant??? How come other nations (i.e. Iran) want to "push Israel into the Sea"? Is it not obvious that God is still about the business of keeping His promise and setting up the Kingdom He promised in Ezekiel, Isaiah, and many other Scriptures..........OT and NT.

So, believing ALL scripture to be profitable, I want to concern myself in "these last days" about Kingdom living.............making all things about His glory.
1 Cor 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." As I think about this verse, I come to one conclusion.......the point of life is to point to Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I keep thinking about it too. With junk all around, it's easy to go to my "happy place" (which is in eternity with Jesus!) So with the need for me to go to my "happy place" a LOT lately, I realized I too have been thinking about Kingdom Living!!