Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Remember

I just counted in my Strong's Concordance 266 references to some form of the word remember...remembered....remembering....rememberest....remembereth...remembering...
remembrance.
Many of those were used as petitions from people to God asking Him NOT to remember certain things about them.......failures, sins, former things, etc. But, by far, the majority of verses are on the positive side of recalling to one's mind things that God has done. And it was often to be done with some sort of ceremony, marker, reminder, habit, celebration..........so that the person would not forget and have to learn things all over once again.

Such has been the case for me today as I have been remembering what happened one year ago tonight. I can go back and reread what I wrote down so that I would not forget the faithfulness of the LORD through all of the heart events that Monty had, beginning Feb 24th, 2008. I have not had to go and read it all, even though I am sure there are many details I have forgotten, because I have often called upon the LORD to bring to my mind the things He taught me over and over during those dark days. They were days blessed by the LORD, showing us His Presence with us in those hospital rooms, waiting rooms, emergency rooms.......going through the trials with us.

So tonight we are going to have a "surprise" praise party for Monty here at the house as we praise the LORD for His sovereign grace that brought us through the dark times and has sharpened our focus on Him and eternal things.........that really matter.

Many times last year, as I have posted before, we asked the LORD why He spared Monty's life, only to have been assured over and over that it was for Gwyneth and her children........ for continuing to spread His Word....... and to be better prepared for our final resting place with Him in heaven, being more and more conformed to the image of His Son, all for His glory.

Celebrate with us to the glory of the LORD Jesus Christ that our times are in His hands and it was through Him that everything was made, whether heavenly or earthly, seen or unseen. Through Him, and for Him, also, were created power and dominion, ownership and authority. In fact, all things were created through, and for Him. He is both the first principle and the upholding principle of the whole scheme of creation.




So, as the Scriptures says.......REMEMBER your Creator!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great celebration. I'd post a pic of it if I could in the comments :)
I thought for sure you would say something about remember being broken down the way you taught it in that one precept class: re - member. To reattach or something :)

Mimi said...

I thought about it, but couldn't "remember" if I had written that on here before or taught it to the class. but thanks for the "reminder" to RE-attach

Mimi said...

......drumroll.... and pictures are posted!!! Great teamwork!!

Stacey said...

i wish i was there! hugs and smooches!

susie mccoll said...

I totally get it. Those 45 days in the hospital with my mom were the closest I have EVER felt to the Lord. There is no question it was His sustaining grace that got me, my brother, and DEFINITELY my MOM through the whole ordeal. I carried my Bible like it truly was my "sword" to fight off whatever battles were to be fought each day. I finally get it when Paul talks about welcoming trials because Those are the times that we truly "draw close to God, and He draws close to us"! So happy for you all that Monty is still here to be such a blessing and "light" in the lives of others!